Guitar recording for Better Than The Book's 3rd full-length album has started, it's Bandcamp Friday tomorrow (and the best time to pre-order Jabun's Generation Supernova album) + setting and reflecting on monthly goals!
Hi everyone and hope you're having a great start to April and a fun April Fools' Day so far! No pranks or bonus tracks for me this year (for real), but it's been an exciting and busy week here at JabunAudio! Some big updates on upcoming projects as I've just started recording guitars for Better Than The Book's 3rd full-length album (not a whole lot to share on that front; I'm just working through it bit by bit, but it's great to be back to it), and a few things to share this week typical of a first-of-the-month blog post! Let's get to it!
Firstly this week, it's once again Bandcamp Friday tomorrow and in case you're not familiar with it, in support of musicians impacted by the coronavirus, Bandcamp is waiving its revenue share fees on the first Friday of the month from midnight to midnight Pacific Time, meaning that if you purchase anything from Bandcamp this Friday 2nd of April, the artists you support (including myself) will get more of the sales revenue than usual since Bandcamp doesn't take its cut, and you'll be able to support the music you love more directly than ever on the platform!
If you've been itching to pre-order Jabun's upcoming "Generation Supernova" album (which releases April 15th) or pick up one of my other albums as Jabun or Better Than The Book, now's the best time to do so! Check out the Bandcamp pages below and thanks again for supporting my music in any way you can, it really means a lot:
Better Than The Book
Nick Standing (< The sillier old stuff)
And if you're not sure whether it's Bandcamp Friday in your time-zone, you can check using the tool right here:
Finally this week, it's time to reflect on the usual monthly goals! Here's what I set for March:
1) Announce Jabun's 3rd album and launch the pre-release single / pre-orders
2) Finish recording drums for BTTB's 3rd album (4 left + checks)
3) Test guitar recording set-ups and start recording rhythm guitars for BTTB's 3rd album
4) Design and source at least one piece of merch for BTTB and/or Jabun
And overall it's been a mostly successful month! Of course 1) was completed a few weeks back and I'm sure I reported the same for 2). 3) was completed as of this week, but the final goal 4) I didn't quite get done between all the promo work and turbulent guitar maintenance work in preparation for recording... Not to worry though as 4) was fairly low priority so it can wait until another time. I did however manage to keep up with my usual BTTB live practice though which is always good! Onto goals for April, on top of such exciting things as doing my taxes and renewing this website, let's set some new goals!
1) Release Jabun's Generation Supernova album
2) Update the Patreon Reward Archive posts ready to release in May
3) Finish recording electric rhythm guitars for the upcoming Better Than The Book projects
4) Service and start recording bass for ^^^
1) Should go smoothly as most of the stuff is already scheduled for that. 2) hopefully won't be too strenuous but will have to wait until after the 15th when the album is released. 3) Might be overly ambitious judging from my current progress and the other things which need sorting this month, but it'd be nice to try, and 4) very much depend on the progress for 3). Should be an interesting month for sure! Unlike the previous months, I'll be taking a break from Better Than The Book live practice until the guitars are recorded, just to make sure I savour all that freshly restrung guitar tone for recording, before I shred it away with practice, but I hope to be back to it in May after a productive month of recording! Wish me luck and I wish you the best with your own goals too!
That about wraps things up for this post and it's only 2 weeks now until Jabun's Generation Supernova album goes out to the public! Hope your as excited as I am for it, and hopefully it should be a productive week ahead recording and doing all that busy admin work for the start of the tax year! Until the next one, I hope you have a great start to April and thanks as always for supporting JabunAudio and my various project however you can (remember it's Bandcamp Friday tomorrow)! All the best and take care!
Nick Standing; Better Than The Book; Jabun!
Keep up to date with all of Nick's projects on a monthly basis right here!